Who is the course aimed at?
This course is primarily aimed at those who have completed a 17th Edition Wiring Regulations Qualification, although those who have a working knowledge of the 17th Edition Wiring Regulations will be accepted on to the course.
The course focuses on the recent Third Amendment to the 17th Edition Wiring Regulations and covers the content relating to both the published content of the wiring regulations and practical work situations.
This course is aimed at electricians, electrical contractors and domestic electrical installers.
It is recommended that students have a copy of the Latest Edition of BS7671 for the training course.
- The impact of the changes to work procedures
- Revised definitions
- Documented risk assessments where RCDs may not be necessary for additional protection
- Changes to the Zs values – the Cmin factor
- Protection against overheating and moves towards metal consumer units
- The EMC directive – Compatibility
- Wiring systems in escape routes
- New Sections for Lighting installations and Auxiliary Circuits
- Changes to the certification – Risk assessment and new inspection schedules
There are no formal entry requirements, however it is expected that delegates have a good level of understanding regarding the requirements of BS 7671:2008.
Get your copy of BS7671
Delegates undertake a short multiple choice assessment.