Who is the course aimed at?
The City & Guilds 2377 qualification is aimed at those responsible for the maintenance of electrical equipment and those actively involved in the inspection and testing of electrical equipment. The course is also suitable for those involved with the administrative side of inspection and testing, who may on completion of this course wish to attempt the City and Guilds 2377-32 Level 3 Award in the Management Requirements for the Maintenance of Electrical Equipment (for an additional exam fee).
This qualification allows delegates to learn, develop and practice the skills required to test electrical equipment in accordance with the Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment, published by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET). For the jobbing electrician it adds another string to their bow and can assist in moving up in the industry.
50 question, open book, multiple choice, computer sat examination
short practical assessment
- Statutory and Non-statutory requirements
- Electrical units of measurements
- Equipment type and construction
- The need for and the frequency of inspection and testing
- User Checks, Formal Visual Inspections and Combined Inspection and Testing
- The Practicalities of Inspection and Testing
- Defective Items
- Specialist Equipment
- The Portable Appliance Tester
2 Days, assessment on the second day of the course. Delegates will be expected to undertake study at home during the evening of the first day.
Delegates attending this course must be 18 years of age or older. There are no formal entry requirements; however City and Guilds require that all candidates be familiar with electrical systems and hazards of electricity.
Ideally delegates require a personal copy of the current version the IET Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment, version 4 published by the IET. The publication will be available in centre for use during the course and exam if required.
- Successfully complete a Combined Inspection and Test on an item of equipment and correctly complete the necessary documentation.
- On-line 50 question multiple choice exam (copies of the Code of Practice may be taken into the exam).
CG 2377-32 Management Exam (optional)
- On-line 40 question multiple choice exam (copies of the Code of Practice may be taken into the exam).an additional fee of £85.00 + VAT is charged if delegates require this exam